SAN CARLOS – A dump truck and a Buick sedan collided in San Carlos on Tuesday afternoon, leaving one person dead, authorities said.
The crash was reported about 2:05 p.m. at Crestview Drive and Edmonds Road, the San Mateo County Sheriff’s Office said in a news release.
The sheriff’s office said firefighters and paramedics arrived moments later and began life-saving measures on the male driver and sole occupant of the Buick, but he died of his injuries.
The coroner’s office will release his identity once it has been confirmed and his next of kin is notified.
The driver of the dump truck remained at the scene and is cooperating with the investigation, the sheriff’s office said.
- One dead after fiery four-vehicle crash on U.S. Highway 101 in San Jose
- 15 dead after SUV carrying 28 people hits big rig in Southern California
- Pedestrian dead after walking on Interstate 80
- Woman arrested for DUI after pedestrian killed in Millbrae crash
- Driver ejected in fatal East Bay crash is identified
Anyone with information about the collision can call the sheriff’s office anonymous tip line at 800-547-2700.
Check back for updates.
Source: FS – All – Interesting – News 2
San Carlos: One killed after dump truck and car